The 2012 Ford Focus Electric is a technology driven all electric car that will never require an ounce of gas. Everything about the 2012 Focus Electric is earth friendly, from its comfortable earth-friendly cloth fabric interior to its kinetic design. Ford engineers designed every aspect of the car with the environment in mind.
The Focus Electric will be available spring 2012 in limited numbers so reserve yours today. Plus, you may be eligible for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500.
The 2012 Ford Focus Electric Features:
- Advanced 23kWh, high-voltage, lithium-ion battery system
- First five-passenger all-electric vehicle with a combined fuel efficiency rating of over 100 MPGe
- Regenerative braking, which allows it to capture over 90% of the energy normally lost as heat during braking and recycles it to recharge the battery
- Optional 240-volt charging station which provides a full charge in approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Single-Speed Transmission
- Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
- Cloth seat fabric is made with REPREVE® fiber, produced from 100% recycled materials, and the cushions are made of bio-based foam derived from plant seed oils.
- SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
- Two 4.2-inch LCD instrument cluster screens
- MyFord Touch® emotive instrument cluster with a visual of blue butterflies which represent the surplus range beyond the point of the next charging station, inspired by the concept of the "butterfly effect," in which a small change can have an enormous impact
- Sony® Audio System with 9 speakers and HD Radio™
- Map-based Navigation System with EcoRoute option
- The MyFord® Mobile app from Ford lets you monitor and schedule the charging of your Focus Electric from anywhere, to help you maximize your range
Standard Safety Features
- AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control
- Dual-stage front airbags
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Safety Canopy™ side-curtain airbags
- LATCH child-safety seats
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System
In addition to the environment friendly features and efficient electric power of the 2012 Focus Electric you also get the roadside assistance program of 5 years/60,000 miles and the bumper to bumper warranty of 3 years/36,000 miles.